Giving Dreams Flight
Kellan Publishing’s goal is to publish new, original and engaging short stories, novellas and novels and then provide these books to readers around the world.
We accept three (3) types of works for Kellan Publishing. They are as follows:
1. Novels: Typically 50,000 plus words. The same conditions and terms as novellas apply.
2. Novellas: Typically 20,000 – 50,000 words. Authors retain writer rights while Kellan Publishing has exclusive publishing rights. Authors earn 35% of sales after accrued fees and 50% of print sales after accrued fees.
3. Novelettes: Typically 12,000 - 20,000. Much of the time, these stories are put into our collaborative books, although we do sometimes publish them as separate stories.
Collaboratives are short stories – or novelettes - in the same genre. Typically the stories are around 10,000 words. This work is for a collaborative book which usually involves four to five authors in one book. Compensation is divided equally among all writers in said book. The collaborative authors will share a profit of 50% of total sales minus expenses and fees. When we are looking for these stories, we will send out a call for them.
We accept completed and finished works in many different genres (see below for a specific list).
Please note the following information for filling out the submission form below:
1. Genre is the genre of the book; ie romance, mystery, science fiction, fantasy etc. A sub genre is not needed for all genres, however, romance is one of the genres that will need a sub genre. For example, if you are writing a fantasy romance, then Romance would be the genre and Fantasy would be the sub genre.
2. The outline: What we are looking for is a basic outline that explains the events (in an outline chronological - by chapter type of thing) that happen in the book. You do not have to list every chapter, just a beginning, some of the main points/challenges of the story and the resolutions to it.
3. The synopsis is not the same as an outline. It is a brief explanation about the story; something that could be used for the back of a book. The purpose is to provide the information that will entice and explain the story.
A list of accepted genres is posted below the submit form.
(feel free to suggest one if you do not find something on our list)
Currently, we are only accepting submissions in the following romance sub-genres:
Please note that we do not accept gay/lesbian, pornographic, erotica, or explicit material. Additionally, we reserve the right to refuse any submissions at our discretion.